ROSiE is a three-year project funded by HORIZON2020. Its mission is to co-create with all related stakeholders novel practical tools to foster a responsible open science and citizen science.
ROSiE will provide customized solutions through an interdisciplinary knowledge hub bound to actively pursuing open approaches in science and research, while complying with relevant legal frameworks and ethical standards.
- Identify novel ethical and legal issues, as well as new forms of misconduct and questionable practices brought about by open science.
- Analyse them in the context of existing ethical and legal frameworks.
- Pinpoint gaps and grey areas.
- Integrate ethics and research integrity in open science and citizen science as a structural component.
ECSA activities and milestones
- Open Science
The movement to make scientific research (including publications, data, physical samples, and software) and its dissemination accessible to all levels of an inquiring society.
- Citizen Science
Scientific research conducted, in whole or in part, by non-professional scientists.
- Responsible research and innovation
Scientific research and technological development processes that take into account effects and potential impacts on the environment and society Research Ethics: concerned with the moral issues that arise during or as a result of research activities, as well as the ethical conduct of researchers.
- Research Integrity
Refers to Reliability, Honesty, Respect and Accountability. The authors of the influential Singapore Statement on Research Integrity proposed fundamental principles relating to Honesty, Accountability, professional courtesy and fairness, and Good stewardship of research.
François Jost Project officer
Paul Sorrell Communications and Community Officer